“Alumni” is a generic term that describes all those who have spent time studying at a particular institution. It is a lifetime relationship with continued interest, interaction and involvement with one’s Alma mater. Alumni stand strong to prove the success of the college, and its efforts.
Alumni association of Gudlavalleru Engineering College was started in the year 2003. It was started with a motive of bringing together all the Alumni and share their experiences they faced outside the college and also extend their helping hands from all aspects for the budding engineers of the college. Alumni of GEC are requested to join the yahoo group of GECSAMANVAY (
) so that they can share their ideas through this group.
A database for the alumni has been created, which will be constantly upgraded. This effort was initiated with the view to keep alive, the interaction between the alumni, so that, the alumni may, learn the where about of their batch mates, benefit from the placement cell, where in vacancies and opportunities may be put to use. This also helps in identifying potential among alumni who may, if willing, contribute useful service to the institute. The alumni association thus acts as a platform to share views and experience, on common interests.
All the outgoing students of GEC every year are welcomed into GEC Alumni’s fold. Their presence in the association helps to promote personal relationship and thereby improving public relations. Up to now around 3893 B.Tech students and 360 MCA students 300 MBA students has taken the GEC Alumni membership.
The Association is very thankful to the Management and Principal of the college for their continuous support and encouragement. We look forward to the continuous support and co-operation from the Alumni at all times. We also take this opportunity to wish all Alumni the very best in their entire endeavor.
Aims & Objectives of Association:
- To bring together all the old students and the faculty of Gudlavalleru Engineering College to share their experiences with each other.
- To maintain and update the data base of all the alumni of the college and to interact with them.
- To utilize the rich experiences of old students of the college for the benefit and progress of the present students.
- To provide guidance to the young engineers in their endeavor for better employment and higher studies.
- To promote the campus placements through the old students working in reputed industries in India and abroad.
- To get the valuable advices of the Alumni in the overall development of the college.
- To arrange seminars, debates, workshops on Science and Technology and also to arrange cultural and social welfare programs.
- To provide financial assistance to the needed alumni members pursuing higher studies based on merit and means.
- To arrange donations to the poor students either by way of cash or kind for their education purpose.
- To maintain libraries, reading rooms, lecture halls, training centers etc. useful to the members of the Association.
- To arrange teaching and training classes to the students studying in the college and also to the members to upgrade technical and general skills.
- To gather and maintain database of employment information and to assist the members in securing suitable jobs.
- To maintain website, publish periodical magazines or bulletins with valuable information useful to the members and students.
- To involve the members in the overall development of the college and the Society.