Gudlavalleru Engineering College is established with 300 /450 Mbps speed up to 1KM range covering Wi-Fi Network and extends this facility to different locations in Gudlavalleru Village.
The specifications are used for establishing Wi-Fi Network as follows.
OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT RADIOS – 33 No.’s
802.11 b/g/n high power wireless access point for 300 / 450 Mbps speeds, 29dbm RF power, 2x2 MIMO radio. With:
- Integrated 13 / 10 / 7.5 / 5 dbi gain Dual Multi Polarity Antenna.
- Adjustable 120-180 Deg. Coverage pattern.
- Outdoor mount IP67 rated aluminum enclosure.
INDOOR ACCESS POINT RADIOS – 98 No.’s
802.11 b/g/n high power wireless access point for 300 / 450 Mbps speeds, 29dbm RF power with:
- Integrated 7.5 / 5 / 3 dbi gain Multi polarity / Omni 360 coverage Antenna
- Adjustable 120 - 180 - 360 Deg. Coverage pattern.
- Outdoor mount suitable Aluminium enclosure.
BACKBONE RADIO LINKS –6 Links (12 Radios)
802.11 a high power wireless Point To Point (PTP) radio link with:
- Integrated 25dbi Dish Antenna
- POE & Power Adopter.
POWERBACK-UP MODULE – 6 No.’s
24V power back-up Module with 220V charger and POE support for 24 hrs. period
SECURITY SERVER MODULE – 1 No.
AAA Server and security gateway for user Authentication, Authorization and Accounting.
- The Wi-Fi Network can be protected with a 128 bit WEP (or) WPA security to prevent unauthorized users from accessing the network.
- Wi-Fi facility is accessed with Laptops in campus at least 400 to 600 on any day in the campus.