Smart India Hackathon 2020
Smart India Hackathon 2020 is a nationwide initiative to provide students a platform to solve some of the pressing problems we face in our daily lives, and thus inculcate a culture of product innovation and a mindset of problem solving. The last edition of the hackathon saw over 5 million+ students from various colleges compete for the top prize at 65+ locations. In SIH 2020, the students would have the opportunity to work on challenges faced within various Ministries, Departments, Industries, PSUs and NGOs to create world class solutions for some of the top organizations including industries in the world, thus helping the Private sector hire the best minds from across the nation. It can help to:
o Harness creativity & expertise of students
o Spark institute-level hackathon
o Build funnel for ‘Startup India’ campaign
o Crowd source solutions for improving governance and quality of life
o Provide opportunity to citizens to provide innovative solutions to India’s daunting problems.
The first three editions SIH2017, SIH2018 and SIH2019 proved to be extremely successful in promoting innovation, out-of-the-box thinking in young minds, especially engineering students from across India. SIH 2020 has two editions Software and Hardware. Software Edition is a 32 Hour Nonstop coding competition where as Hardware Edition is a 5 days Product Building Competition. SIH 2020 is a 4th Season of Smart India Hackathon. This year Every college will conduct Internal Hackathon and will select 7 Teams (5 Software & 2 Hardware) for Grand Finale of SIH 2020. Tentative dates for Grand Finale of Software Edition are 14th & 15th March 2020 and for Hardware Edition 6th to 10th July 2020.
Details of Smart India Hackathon
|10/01/2019||Submission of Team Details|
|10/01/2019||Submission of Mentor Details|
|10/01/2019||Submission of Solution for Selected Problem Statement|
Steps need to be followed to participate in Smart India Hackathon 2020
1. Form team of 6 members. At least one girl member is compulsory.
2. Go through the problem statements available on www.sih.gov.in Select some problem statements for which team can provide solution.
3. Find 2 Mentors form Academic or Industry those can review your all solutions and can help you to select one problem statement which you can finalize to participate in Internal Hackathon.
4. Understand selected problem statement properly with the help of Mentors.
5. Draft the solution for finalized problem statement as per format (soon it will be available on GEC website) with the help of your mentors.
6. Start Implementation of your solution for selected statement.
7. Complete implementation of solution (Prototype for Hardware) till 17th Jan 2020.
8. Participate in Internal Hackathon for SIH 2020. This will be conducted at GEC premises.
9. Clear all rounds of Judging and get place in top 5 teams of Software or Top 2 teams of Hardware.
10. If got selected then Participate in Grand finale of Smart India Hackathon 2020. As per schedule and venue which will be published on www.sih.gov.in website
|8:00A.M.-8:30A.M.||Inauguration of ‘Internal Hackathon for SIH 2020’|
|8:30A.M.||Coding/Product Building Begins|
|10:00A.M.||Experts Mentoring Session-I (5-7 minutes per team)|
|12:30P.M.||First Round of Evaluation (2 judges per panel, 7 minutes per team., 4 minutes presenting, 3 mins Q and A)|
|2:00P.M.||Experts Mentoring Session-II (5 to 7 minutes per teams)|
|3:30P.M.||Second Round of Evaluation (2 Judges Per Panel, evaluating implementation of ideas)|
|6:30P.M.-7:00P.M.||Third Round of Evaluation|
|7:15P.M.||Declaration of Top 11 teams (7 software teams & 4 Hardware teams) for Power Point Presentation.|
|7:20P.M.-8:20P.M.||Power Judging (The final Pitch, 5 minutes per team, 3 minutes explanation, 2 minutes Q and A)|
1) At least four members from the team should be available at the desk all the time.
2) Lunch and Tea breaks can be taken by participants as per their convenience fulfilling above requirement but not during mentoring and judging rounds.
3) Organizing team reserved full rights to change the schedule if required.
|CIVIL||Mr. G.T.N. Veerendra||Assistant professor||+91 8185872787|
|EEE||Mr. G. Balaji||Assistant professor||+91 9494243436|
|ME||Dr. G. Prabhakara Rao||Assistant professor||+91 8332877053|
|ECE||Mr. P. Rama Krishna||Assistant professor||+91 8501991914|
|CSE||Mr. M.N.Satish Kumar||Assistant professor||+91 9030904398|
|IT||Mr. B. Anand Kumar||Assistant professor||+91 7386019269|
For more details contact: Mr. J.N.V.R. Swarup Kumar, Assistant Professor - CSE.